How do you know if it is the right time to buy a new home?
Here’s an expert advice from Ben:
It might seriously be time to ditch the landlord, buy a home, and make your own rules. These 5 questions may help guide your decision…
1. Can you afford a down payment? You don’t need piles of cash, but you do need a little (say 3-10% of the home price) to qualify for a competitive interest rate
2. Do you have regular income? Two years of employment history is preferred, but other factors, such as a high credit score and low debt-to-income ratio, can sub for less than two years.
3. Do you know where you want to live? If you’re new to the area, you might want to wait a few months and get your bearings. I promise you’ll know what areas feel like home after a while
4. Do you plan on staying put for a while? No one knows the future, but sticking around for 2-5 years is ideal if you can make it work.
5. Are you comfortable with current home prices? Sure, they’re higher than you’d like, but when you run the numbers, you feel confident you can make the budget work.
Is 2023 the year you become a homeowner? DM us, and let’s talk about you and homeownership: Shea Preferred Realty Group